All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.57
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $13.30Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
About this product
- DescriptionIn Jennifer Egan's highly acclaimed first vel, set in 1978, the political drama and familial tensions of the 1960s form a backdrop for the world of Phoebe O'Conr, age eighteen. Phoebe is obsessed with the memory and death of her sister Faith, a beautiful idealistic hippie who died in Italy in 1970. In order to find out the truth about Faith's life and death, Phoebe retraces her steps from San Francisco across Europe, a quest which yields both complex and disturbing revelations about family, love, and Faith's lost generation. This spellbinding vel introduced Egan's remarkable ability to tie suspense with deeply insightful characters and the nuances of emotion.
- Author BiographyJennifer Egan was born in Chicago and raised in San Francisco. She attended the University of Pennsylvania and St John's College, Cambridge. She is the author of four novels, The Invisible Circus, Look at Me, a finalist for the National Book Award, The Keep, and the bestselling, A Visit from the Goon Squad which won the Pulitzer Prize and a short story collection, Emerald City. She has published short fiction in The New Yorker, Harper's, McSweeney's and Ploughshares, among others, and her journalism appears frequently in the New York Times Magazine.
- Author(s)Jennifer Egan
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication19/04/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight255 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.