The Invisible History of the Rosicrucians: The World's Most Mysterious Secret Society by Tobias Churton (Paperback / softback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $40.61+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.68+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.06
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.78
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.44
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.49
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.41
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.65
About this product
- DescriptionThe first complete historical and philosophical investigation into the invisible fraternity of the Rosicrucians - Contains the latest research on the origins of the Rosicrucian movement - Presents the ties between Rosicrucianism, Freemasonry, and the Templars - Written by a perfected Knight of the Rose Croix and the Pelican (18th degree, Ancient and Accepted Rite) For nearly 400 years, incredible myths and stories have been woven around the invisible Brothers of the Rose Cross, the Rosicrucians. It is said that they possessed the secret of man and God, that they could turn lead into gold, that they governed Europe in secret, that theirs was the true philosophy of Freemasonry, and that they could save--or destroy--the world. In The Invisible History of the Rosicrucians, Tobias Churton, a perfected Knight of the Rose Croix and the Pelican (18th degree, Ancient and Accepted Rite), presents the first definitive historical and philosophical view of this mysterious brotherhood. Starting at its beginnings in Germany in 1603, Churton unveils the truth behind the complex story that underlies the Rosicrucian movement. He explains its purpose, the motives of its earliest creators, and the manifestos accidentally published in the 17th century that emerged at precisely the time when modern science was emerging. He details the people who influenced its development--including Johannes Kepler, Robert Fludd, and Sir Francis Bacon--and the ties between the Rosicrucians, Freemasons, and Templars. He also shows how Rosicrucianism shaped the mythology and spiritual consciousness of both North and South America and reveals that there are many Rosicrucian fraternities still active throughout the world today.
- Author BiographyTobias Churton is a lecturer in Rosicrucianism and Freemasonry at Exeter University, which offers Britain's only master's program in Western Esotericism. The author of Gnostic Philosophy, The Magus of Freemasonry, and Freemasonry: The Reality, he lives in England.
- Author(s)Tobias Churton
- PublisherInner Traditions International
- Date of Publication01/09/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Occult & Mythology
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInner Traditions International
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight671 g
- Width154 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.