CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $26.42Trending at AU $26.98
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.21
- AU $24.78Trending at AU $29.81
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.59
- AU $29.95Trending at AU $33.54
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.70
About this product
- DescriptionThis book helps you discover the best of classic and modern food from Ireland: the traditions, locations, ingredients and preparation techniques, with more than 400 photographs in total. It includes a comprehensive guide to choosing and using Irish ingredients, featuring a full range of harvest fruits, fish and shellfish, meats and game and vegetables. Chapters include breakfasts, soups and appetizers, fish and shellfish, meat, poultry, cakes and desserts and drinks, so you will find a dish for any occasion. This collection of over 70 traditional recipes draws on every aspect of Irish cuisine and includes smoked salmon with warm potato cakes, bacon chops with apple and cider sauce, and a comforting, classic Irish stew. It contains easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions, informative cook's tips and variations, plus a useful nutritional breakdown for every recipe. This beautifully photographed volume brings together the rich and varied ingredients, culinary customs and traditional recipes of Ireland. It opens with a fascinating introduction to the history of Irish food and cooking. A comprehensive guide to the Irish kitchen then looks at culinary specialities, including dairy products, breads and bakes. The collection of recipes captures the home-cooked taste of Irish cooking. The book features such regional classics as beef and Guinness casserole, rich, fruity porter cake and Gaelic coffee. This is the perfect volume for anyone who is interested in the traditions of this wonderful country and for those who wish to experience good wholesome food.
- Author BiographyBiddy White Lennon has written several books about Irish food. She is a founder member (and past chairwoman) of the Irish Food Writers' Guild and is a co-ordinator of the Guild's Annual Good Food Awards. Georgina Campbell wrote the premier hospitality guide to Ireland, The Georgina Campbell Guide - Ireland's Best Places To Eat, Drink & Stay. Her books include Good Food From Ireland and Irish Breads & Baking.
- Author(s)Biddy White Lennon,Georgina Campbell
- PublisherHermes House
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHermes House
- Content Noteover 400 photographs
- Weight835 g
- Width227 mm
- Height299 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.