All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis antated anthology of poems makes available a rich variety of Irish texts depicting the relationship between humans and the environment between the years 1580 and 1820. More than a hundred poems are printed here, together with an extensive critical introduction, tes on each text, and a full bibliography. All the poets whose work is represented were born in Ireland or are identified as Irish. As well as re-publishing the work of major poets such as Oliver Goldsmith, Laurence Whyte and William Drummond, this anthology includes many works by little kwn or anymous authors. This volume also reflects current scholarship on the relationship between literature and the environment, enriching our understanding of attitudes in pre-Romantic Ireland towards changing landscapes and agricultural practices, towards human responsibility for the n-human world, and towards the relationship between nature and aesthetics. As well as adding considerably to existing kwledge of the printing and reading of poetry in Ireland during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, this anthology also traces the developments in sensibility in Irish poetry during this period, offering new perspectives on the advent of Romanticism in England and on the ways in which this revolutionised the relationship between nature and representation. The anthology fulfils the dual purpose of making a significant contribution to the study of literature and the environment, and of expanding our understanding of Irish writing during the period.
- Author BiographyAndrew Carpenter is Emeritus Professor of English, University College Dublin and General Editor, The Art and Architecture of Ireland (Yale UP). Lucy Collins is a Lecturer in English Literature, University College Dublin.
- PublisherCork University Press
- Date of Publication05/03/2015
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCork
- Country of PublicationIreland
- ImprintCork University Press
- Weight544 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byAndrew Carpenter,Lucy Collins
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.