All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the real story, soberly, honestly, authoritatively told. New York Times This is a tale of dogged resistance, courage and sacrifice that will remain imperishable in our history. Weekly Book Review In August 1942, U.S. Marines landed on the island of Guadalcanal in the South Pacific and defeated Japanese forces for the first time, turning the tide of World War II against Japan. Written by a historian who fought alongside his fellow marines for the entire four-month campaign, The Island is an indispensable story of this hard-fought victory.
- Author BiographyHERBERT LAING MERILLAT was educated at the University of Arizona and Yale University and is author of Guadalcanal Remembered.
- Author(s)Herbert Laing Merillat
- PublisherWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Date of Publication18/11/2010
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationYardley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestholme Publishing, U.S.
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight454 g
- Width139 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.