Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionLife on the remote island of Papavray in the 1970s was a world away from Mary J. MacLeod's urban existence in the south of England. And this peaceful environment was just what she was looking for. While indoor toilets were still something of a luxury, and 'teleeffissions' could produce terror in some of the older residents, the glory of the mountains and the sea combined with the warmth of the island people meant she had found a haven for her family. Mary's post as district nurse gave her a unique insight into island life, and her stories of the troubles, joys, drama and comedies endured by her patients make this a charming and humorous account of community life on a small island in a bygone era.
- Author BiographyMary J. MacLeod was born in Somerset, educated in Bath and qualified as a state registered nurse in Bristol. Now retired, she worked as a nurse in Bristol, London, Bedfordshire and the Hebrides. She has four children, five grandchildren and five great-grandchildren and lives in Cornwall with her husband and two dogs.
- Author(s)Mary J. MacLeod
- PublisherMainstream Publishing
- Date of Publication12/04/2012
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMainstream Publishing
- Content Note1 x 8pp b/w
- Weight245 g
- Width127 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.