Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $30.11Trending at AU $36.16
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.29
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $18.37
About this product
- DescriptionA young naturalist, Edward Prendick, is shipwrecked and finds himself stranded on a lonely island deep in the heart of the Pacific Ocean. The island is dominated by the sinister Dr. Moreau, once a famous London scientist, and w deeply engaged in the creation of what he calls Beast Men. The entire island is populated by monstrous creatures of his making, half animal and half human, over which Dr. Moreau wields his frightening power. But Dr. Moreau's greatest fear is that one day the Beast Men will taste blood! THE ISLAND OF DR. MOREAU was written in the same period when H.G. Wells produced THE WAR OF THE WORLDS and THE TIME MACHINE, stories that have become classics. The text for this book is a facsimile reprint of the 1896 U.S. edition.
- Author(s)H G Wells
- PublisherWildside Press
- Date of Publication06/05/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWildside Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.