CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $65.52
- AU $24.98Trending at AU $25.76
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $31.90
- AU $69.99Trending at AU $86.08
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $47.63
- AU $22.67Trending at AU $25.33
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $31.95
About this product
- DescriptionWhisk yourself away to lands of magic and wonder with Enid Blyton's New Adventures of the Wishing-Chair. Book 1: The Island of Surprises Jack and Jessica find an old rocking chair in the shed of their new house. Suddenly, a pixie called Wishler appears and says he was trapped in the chair. He wants to go home, so soon they're off to the Island of Surprises on the magical wishing-chair. But there they meet a rather naughty wizard named Flick and they discover that surprises aren't always nice ...Enid Blyton is arguably the most famous children's author of all time, thanks to series such as The Wishing-Chair, The Faraway Tree-, The Mysteries, The Famous Five and The Secret Seven. Her fantasy stories for girls and boys have been enjoyed for generations, and with these new books, children can continue to enjoy the enchanting worlds she created.
- Author BiographyEnid Blyton is one of the best-loved children's authors with over 700 titles published. In 1922, her collection of poems was published. Aged 27, Enid married Hugh Pollock and moved to London. They had two children, and soon after Enid wrote her first novel, The Adventures of the Wishing-Chair. Enid divorced Hugh after almost 20 years of marriage, and married Kenneth Waters in 1943. Throughout the 40s and 50s, Enid wrote books at a colossal pace: adventure stories, mysteries, magical stories, farming stories, stories for younger children, best-selling series like The Famous Five and Noddy. Enid fell ill with Alzheimer's disease and she died in 1963.
- Author(s)Narinder Dhami
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication04/05/2009
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleThe New Adventures of the Wishing-Chair
- Series Part/Volume NumberBk. 1
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight109 g
- Width129 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 5
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.