All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWho can resist bruschetta rubbed with garlic and drizzled with olive oil, almond-studded biscotti dipped in coffee or wine, and, of course, a thin-crusted pizza with fresh, sweet tomatoes and tangy mozzarella? These Italian classics that Americans kw and love are just the beginning; there are a wealth of other equally delicious breads and sweets waiting to be discovered. In this groundbreaking classic--w thoroughly updated for today's modern kitchen--Carol Field introduces artisanal doughs and techniques used by generations of Italian bakers. Every city and hill town has its own unique baking traditions, and Field spent more than two years traversing Italy to capture the regional and local specialties, adapting them through rigorous testing in her own kitchen. Field's authentic recipes are a revelation for anyone seeking the true Italian experience. Here's a chance to make golden Altamura bread from Puglia, chewy porous loaves from Como, rosemary bread sprinkled with coarse sea salt, dark ryes from the rth, simple breads studded with toasted walnuts, succulent fig bread, and Sicilian loaves topped with sesame seeds. The Italian Baker is the only comprehensive book, in English or Italian, to cover the entire range of Italian baking, from breadsticks and cornetti to focaccia, tarts, cakes, and pastries. There is even a chapter on using leftover bread--with recipes ranging from hearty Tuscan bread soup to a cinnamon and lemon-scented bread pudding. Winner of the International Association of Culinary Professionals Award for best baking book, The Italian Baker was also named to the James Beard Baker's Dozen list of thirteen indispensable baking books of all time. It has inspired countless professionals and home cooks alike. This latest edition, updated for a new generation of home bakers, has added four-color photography throughout, plus new recipes, ingredients and equipment sections, source guides, and weights. One of the most revered baking books of all time, The Italian Baker is a landmark work that continues to be a must for every serious baker.
- Author BiographyCarol Field is the author of five cookbooks, In Nonna's Kitchen, Focaccia, Italy in Small Bites, Celebrating Italy, and The Italian Baker, as well as The Hill Towns of Italy and Mangoes and Quince, a novel. She is an award-winning journalist and has contributed to Bon Appetit, Gourmet, and Food and Wine, among others. Field has won two IACP Cookbook Awards and a James Beard Award, and was featured on the PBS series -In Julia's Kitchen with Master Chefs.- She lives in San Francisco with her husband and continues to visit Italy frequently.
- Author(s)Carol Field
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication04/11/2011
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTen Speed Press
- Content Note80 Full-Colour Photos
- Weight1438 g
- Width187 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine42 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.16
- AU $17.82Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.