The Italian Country Table: Home Cooking from Italy's Farmhouse Kitchens by Lynne Rossetto Kasper (Other book format, 1999)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $67.98+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionIf you dream of Italy--and who does t?--be prepared to fall in love with this extraordinary cookbook. Written by Lynne Rossetto Kasper, author of <i>The Splendid Table: Recipes from Emilia-Romagna, the Heartland of Northern Italian Food</i> (winner of both the James Beard and Julia Child/IACP Cookbook-of-the-Year Awards), it is every bit the equal of its celebrated predecessor. Read its exuberant pages, eat its lusty dishes, and you enter a landscape vibrant with rural life. You are one with the terrain. In some sense, you are home. That, of course, is the miracle of Italy-- matter where we come from, we want to be a part of it. And the miracle of <i>The Italian Country Table</i> is its ability to take us there. And what a journey! You will never be as impatient to get into your kitchen as when you are planning a meal from this book. Two hundred recipes, personally collected from home cooks throughout the length and breadth of Italy, will keep calling you back. Who could resist the Gatto di Patate, a mashed-potato lasagna from the Neapolitan countryside? Or a Tuscan Mountain Supper of warm beans tossed with an herbed tomato sauce and eaten with tart greens? Or Pasta of the Grape Harvest, a Sicilian dish of grapes, red wine, orange zest, spices, pistachios and linguine? Or Chocolate Polenta Pudding Cake? Kasper, host of Public Radio's <i>The Splendid Table, </i> is a master teacher who thinks about cooking in a way that is radically distinctive. Her chapter on tomatoes and tomato sauces, a treasure by itself, will change the way you think about them--and cook them--forever. Her guide to buying and saucing pasta contains more useful facts than many books that devote themselves to pasta exclusively. Kasper, the grandchild of Italian immigrants, describes herself as someone with a love of lingering in places where life changes slowly. This personal book abounds with stories of artisans, farmers and family. It is a portrait of Italian country life. Where you read <i>The Italian Country Table, </i> cook from it or use it to plan a trip (there is an appendix that lists guest farms, country hotels, restaurants and museums), you have only to turn its pages to be transported to a rustic Italy that few of us kw, but all of us long for. -16 pages of finished dishes in full color -50 black-and-white photographs of country life
- Author Biography<b>Lynne Rossetto Kasper</b> is host of the nationally broadcast radio show <i>The Splendid Table with Lynne Rossetto Kasper, </i> Public Radio's food program and winner of the 1998 James Beard Award For Best National Radio Show on Food Her first book, <i>The Splendid Table Recipes from Emilia-Romagna, the Heartland of Northern Italian Food, </i> is the only winner of both the James Beard and Julia Child/IACP Cookbook-of-the-Year Awards as well as the Julia Child Best First Book Award.
- Author(s)Lynne Rossetto Kasper
- PublisherPrentice Hall (a Pearson Education company)
- Date of Publication01/11/1999
- FormatOther book format
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationHemel Hempstead
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPrentice Hall & IBD
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight906 g
- Width196 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.