All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNothing sings as sweetly as love, or burns quite like betrayal Rosanna Menici is just a girl when she meets Roberto Rossini, the man who will change her life. In the years to come, their destinies are bound together by their extraordinary talents as opera singers and by their enduring but obsessive love for each other - a love that will ultimately affect the lives of all those closest to them. For, as Rosanna slowly discovers, their union is haunted by irreversible events from the past ...Rosanna's journey takes her from humble beginnings in the back streets of Naples to the glittering stages of the world's most prestigious opera houses. Set against a memorable backdrop of Lucinda Riley's trademark evocative locations, The Italian Girl unfolds into a poignant and unforgettable tale of love, betrayal and self-discovery. *First published as Aria under the name Lucinda Edmonds, w extensively rewritten*
- Author BiographyLucinda Riley was born in Ireland, and after an early career as an actress in film, theatre and television, wrote her first book aged twenty-four. Her novel Hothouse Flower (also called The Orchid House) was selected by the UK's Richard and Judy Book Club and has been translated into thirty-four languages and sold over eight million copies worldwide. She is a New York Times and Sunday Times bestselling author. Lucinda's novels include The Seven Sisters, a seven-book series telling the story of adopted sisters and based allegorically on the mythology of the famous star constellation. Book one, The Seven Sisters, and Book two, The Storm Sister, have been No. 1 bestsellers in Europe, and the rights to a multi-season TV series have already been optioned by a Hollywood production company. The Storm Sister has been nominated for the prestigious Premio Bancarella literary prize in Italy. Lucinda is also the author of a contemporary novel The Olive Tree, set during one long hot summer in Cyprus, and based on a family holiday. Lucinda and her son Harry have personally narrated the audiobook together. She is also rewriting and releasing a number of books originally published when writing under her maiden name of Lucinda Edmonds, including The Italian Girl and The Angel Tree. Lucinda lives with her husband and four children on the North Norfolk coast in England and West Cork, Ireland. When not writing, travelling or running around after her children, she loves reading books that she hasn't written with a glass or two of Provencal rose!
- Author(s)Lucinda Riley
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Weight428 g
- Width131 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 18
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
- AU $12.50Trending at AU $15.89
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.