Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a stunningly illustrated examination of nearly two-hundred of the most important pieces in the J. Paul Getty Museum's Antiquities Collection. The antiquities collection at the J. Paul Getty Museum in Los Angeles contains more than fifty thousand objects. Spanning thousands of years - from Pre-classical times as far back as the third millennium B.C. through the third century A.D. - it encompasses Cycladic, Greek, Etruscan, South Italian, Roman, and Roma-Egyptian cultures. The collection includes one of the world's finest assemblages of ancient Greek vases, monumental marble sculptures and diminutive bronzes, Greek and Roman gems, as well as Hellenistic silverware, jewellery and glass. In lively prose accompanied by a full-colour photograph of each object, this handbook presents nearly two hundred of the Getty Museum's most important pieces in its collection.
- Author BiographyKenneth Lapatin & Karol Wight are associate and senior curator, respectively, in the Department of Antiquities at the J. Paul Getty Museum.
- Author(s)Kenneth Lapatin
- PublisherGetty Trust Publications
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationSanta Monica CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJ. Paul Getty Museum
- Content Note200 colour & 12 b&w illustrations
- Weight716 g
- Width143 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byKarol Wight
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.