All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.32
About this product
- DescriptionThe Joint Contracts Tribunal's (JCT) Standard Form of Building Contract, one of the most common standard contracts used in the UK to procure building work, is updated regularly to take account of changes in legislation and industry practice and relevant court decisions from litigation. The JCT 05 Standard Building Contract: Law and Administration is a second edition to the authors' earlier award-winning The JCT98 Building Contract: Law and Administration, and clarifies complex issues surrounding obligations and rights under the contract. This makes it an essential reference for construction professionals, employers, contractors, and lawyers new to construction seeking to update and consolidate their kwledge. The book also provides the kwledge and understanding of the contract, which are a fundamental part of the education of most students who go on to become managers and leaders in the construction industry. It thoroughly works through the provisions of the contract in simple language, using case law examples and relevant statute to demonstrate approaches to its interpretation.
- Author BiographyAfter many years' full-time experience as a civil engineer on highways and building projects and an academic in several UK universities, he is now Professor of Construction and Engineering Law in the University of Wolverhampton and the Director of their highly acclaimed MSc Construction Law course. He is a regular contributor to a number of construction law journals of international standing. He also consults and runs CPD courses for industry in the area of construction law, contract administration and project management. Mike Rycroft has over 45 years' experience in the construction and engineering industries first as a quantity surveyor, then in management with a major construction organisation specialising in design-build, and as a Director with an international Contract Consultant specialising in contract drafting, dispute avoidance and resolution. For many years, he has delivered in-house training in construction law and administration to all disciplines of the industry, and has been a frequent lecturer at public seminars. He is also a long term visiting lecturer at University of Wolverhampton on their MSc programmes.
- Author(s)Issaka Ndekugri,Michael E. Rycroft
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2009
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrated
- Weight1122 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.