Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.56
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.45
About this product
- DescriptionWhat impact did Red Storm Rising have on Ronald Reagan's policy for dealing with the Soviet Union? Was A Clear and Present Danger a trial balloon for the administration's international war on drugs? Did the climax of Debt of Hor foreshadow the actual terrorist plans for 9/11?... And how did Jack Ryan, a lowly analyst, wind up becoming the President of the United States? Was it wishful thinking or a choreographed roadmap for the time when the defense of America was placed firmly in the hands of backroom strategists? The Jack Ryan Agenda places each of Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan vels ( from his bestselling debut The Hunt for the Red October to his latest The Teeth of the Tiger) within the historical context of the U.S./International situation at the time each book was published. The Clinton years are examined as well; during this time, Clancy occasionally embraced a by any means necessary modus operandi that included Special Forces assassins taking on rogue environmentalists.Turning to film, The Jack Ryan Agenda explores how the movie versions differ from the Clancy's can--and tes the author's displeasure with the way Hollywood liberals took liberties with his story lines.In the bestselling tradition of The Magic of Harry Potter, The Biology of Star Trek, and The Science of Superman, The Jack Ryan Agenda explores this brand name dynamo's work in the context of the real world where patriot games are a clear and present danger and the sum of all fears are executive orders without remorse.
- Author BiographyWilliam Terdoslavich is a free-lance writer living in Jackson Heights with an advanced degree in political science. In addition to his Civil War quiz book, he has contributed articles to History in Dispute, Alternate Gettysbergs, and the upcoming Beyond Shock and Awe.
- Author(s)William Terdoslavich
- Date of Publication02/05/2006
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight231 g
- Width146 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.