The Jackal's Share: Ben Webster Spy Thrillers Book 2 by Chris Morgan Jones (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $10.85+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $32.13
- AU $74.97Trending at AU $77.01
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $13.05
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $28.95Trending at AU $31.76
- AU $12.15Trending at AU $14.05
- AU $12.23Trending at AU $15.03
About this product
- DescriptionA gripping spy thriller from a new Le Carre Boundless wealth hides the deepest secrets ...When a charismatic billionaire asks Ben Webster to investigate his personal affairs it isn't long before the private spy is convinced that there is something very wrong with his new client. What is Darius Qazai's real motive for contacting Webster? And what -- beneath his generous, hourable image -- does he have to hide? Soon Webster will discover that the tycoon's secret is far bigger and more dangerous than he could have imagined, and that his new enemy will think thing of destroying him, or his family ...In a heart-pounding journey which will take readers from London to Marrakech, from Italy to Dubai, Chris Morgan Jones once again asserts himself as the spy thriller writer for a new generation. Also in the Ben Webster series: An Agent of Deceit Praise for Chris Morgan Jones' Ben Webster series: 'The best spy adventure I've read in a long time' The Times 'The Jackal's Share reunites us with corporate spy Ben Webster from his debut An Agent of Deceit. Morgan Jones does invite comparisons with Le Carre, and never more so than in this elegant vel about the dark, amoral charisma of the super-rich. Murky, mesmerising stuff' Guardian 'Moves at tremendous pace and teems with exciting moments ...such a clever and entertaining vel' The Times 'Chris Morgan Jones's debut vel, An Agent of Deceit, was rightly praised for continuing the reconfiguration of the spy vel begun by such terrific authors as Charles Cumming after the Berlin Wall came down and east versus west became too simplistic an analysis of world politics. But with The Jackal's Share it becomes clear that, actually, Morgan Jones is writing detective as well as spy fiction. The vel is as much Raymond Chandler as John le Carre; as much The Big Sleep as The Spy Who Came in From the Cold ...Morgan Jones has more than equalled his powerful debut ' Observer 'Accomplished and believable' Sunday Times 'An elegant, tense thriller' Grazia 'Morgan Jones's prose is clean and cold, crisp and omius ...this is a world Morgan Jones kws, and it shows' Observer
- Author BiographyFor over a decade Chris Morgan Jones worked for Kroll, the world's largest investigations company, where he specialised in Russian matters and international disputes. His first novel An Agent of Deceit was longlisted for the CWA Gold Dagger Award. The Jackal's Share, which also features private spy Ben Webster, is his second. Chris lives in London with his wife and two children.
- Author(s)Chris Morgan Jones
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/08/2013
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleThe Ben Webster Spy Series
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPan Books
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Reading Age16
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.