All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionJacqueline Rose is a world-rewned critic and one of the most influential and provocative scholars working in the humanities today. She is also among the most wide ranging, with books on Zionism, feminism, Sylvia Plath, children's fiction, and psychoanalysis. During the past decade, through talks and pieces that Rose has contributed to the London Review of Books, the Guardian, and other publications, she has played a vital role in public debate about the policies and human-rights record of Israel in its relation to the Palestinians. Representing the entire spectrum of her writing, The Jacqueline Rose Reader brings together essays, reviews, and book excerpts, as well as an extract from her vel. In the introduction, the editors provide a profound overview of her intellectual trajectory, highlighting themes that unify her diverse work, particularly her commitment to psychoanalytic theory as a uniquely productive way of analyzing literature, culture, politics, and society. Including extensive critical commentary, and a candid interview with Rose, this anthology is an indispensable introduction for those unfamiliar with Jacqueline Rose's remarkably original work, and an invaluable resource for those well acquainted with her critical acumen.
- Author BiographyJacqueline Rose is Professor of English at Queen Mary, University of London, and a regular contributor to the London Review of Books. Her most recent publications include The Last Resistance, The Question of Zion, Sexuality in the Field of Vision, and On Not Being Able to Sleep: Psychoanalysis and the Modern World.
- Author(s)Jacqueline Rose
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication25/03/2011
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note5 illustrations
- Weight757 g
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edited byBen Naparstek,Justin Clemens
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.