CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.53Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.02
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
About this product
- DescriptionIllustrated by Grace Lin The story begins at the turn of the 19th century in South China, where Yenyee and her family live. One night, her fisherman father vanishes in a ferocious storm at sea. But it is t only her father that she loses that day. Yenyee also feels betrayed by the ocean, a friend she has trusted all her life, and betrayed by her family, who send her across the Pacific to the New World to be a servant. In a strange new place, Yenyee must overcome her loneliness to find strength in the ocean once more. In full-colour. Ages 4-8.
- Author BiographyPaul Yee is one of Canada's finest writers for children. He is a past winner of the Governor General's Award for Children's Literature (1996) for Ghost Train. His other award-winning books include Tales from Gold Mountain and Roses Sing on New Snow. Grace Lin is the author and illustrator of Dim Sum for Everyone!, which Booklist called graphically striking...a treat , and Kite Flying. She lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Paul Yee
- PublisherTradewind Books
- Date of Publication08/01/2002
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTradewind Books
- Content Notecolour and b&w illustrations
- Weight160 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Illustrator(s)Grace Lin
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.