All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $24.09Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1981, The Japan and India Journals, 1960 - 1964 is Joanne Kyger's journal of her four tumultuous years in Japan and India as a young poets in her late twenties. This book chronicles her developing poetic sensibility, emergent Buddhist practice, and what it meant to be a woman trying to write in pre-feminist Beat days. Attentive, witty, and always entertaining, this is poet's prose at its best.
- Author BiographyOne of the major poets of the Beat Generation, JOANNE KYGER was born in 1934. In 1960, she traveled to Japan to be with her then-husband Gary Snyder. In 1962 they traveled to India, where, along with Allen Ginsberg and Peter Orlovsky, they met the Dalai Lama. She returned to California in 1964 and settled in Bolinas in 1969, where she resides today. She has published over 30 books of poetry and prose, including On Time and As Ever: Selected Poems.
- Author(s)Joanne Kyger
- PublisherNightboat Books
- Date of Publication16/02/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNightboat Books
- Weight386 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.