All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.10
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the complexity of preaching as a phemen in the medieval Jewish-Christian encounter. This was t only an encounter as physical meeting or confrontation (such as the forced attendance of Jews at Christian sermons that took place across Europe), but also an imaginary or theological encounter in which Jews remained a figure from a distant constructed time and place who served only to underline and verify Christian teachings. Contributors also explore the Jewish response to Christian anti-Jewish preaching in their own preaching and religious instruction.
- Author BiographyJonathan Adams is Reader and Academy Researcher for the Royal Swedish Academy of Letters, History and Antiquities in the Department of Scandinavian Languages, Uppsala University. Jussi Hanska is a lecturer in the Department of History at the University of Tampere.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/12/2014
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Research in Medieval Studies
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note19 black & white illustrations, 13 black & white tables, 19 black & white halftones
- Weight589 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byJonathan Adams,Jussi Hanska
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.