All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAt the beginning of his gospel, John refers to Jesus Christ as the Logos--the Word. John Ronning makes a case that the Jewish Targums--interpretive translations of the Old Testament into Aramaic that were read in synagogues--hold the key to understanding John's Logos title. Examining numerous texts in the fourth gospel in the light of the Targums, Ronning shows how connecting the Logos with the targumic Memra (word) unlocks the meaning of a host of theological themes that run throughout the Gospel of John.
- Author BiographyJohn Ronning (PhD, Westminster Theological Seminary) is professor of biblical studies and director of the doctoral program at Faith Theological Seminary in Baltimore, Maryland.
- Author(s)John Ronning
- PublisherBaker Publishing Group
- Date of Publication01/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationAda, MI
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBaker Academic, Div of Baker Publishing Group
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Trade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.