All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.10
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.72
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $16.03
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $12.42
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.88
About this product
- DescriptionThis epic tells the story of a Polish Jewish family struggling against nearly insurmountable odds. In <i>The Jewish War, </i> the family of a young Jewish boy hides throughout the countryside until the father is murdered. To escape, the mother and boy use forged papers and adopt a false life as the Catholic family of an officer captured by the Germans. <i>The Victory </i>picks up the story as the Red Army advances and the boy fights to reclaim his Jewishness amidst the horrors of the past and the choices of an agonizing present.
- Author BiographyHenryk Grynberg, born in 1936 in Warsaw, Poland, survived the Holocaust in hiding and on so-called Aryan papers. He is the author of twenty-four books of prose, poetry, essays, and drama, and his work has been translated into English, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Hebrew, and Czech. Grynberg, who lives in Virginia, has received many literary awards, including the Jan Karski and Pola Nirenska award. <i>His Children of Zion</i> was published by Northwestern University Press in 1997.
- Author(s)Henryk Grynberg
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication31/05/2001
- SubjectTrue Military / Combat Stories
- Series TitleJewish Lives S.
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight231 g
- Width140 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byCelina Wieniewska,Richard Lourie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.