All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'In many ways Jimmy Hill was football. He was a true great of the game.' - Greg Dyke, Chairman of the Football AssociationJimmy Hill died on 19th December 2015 but very much remains a household name. Rewned for his outspoken views, recognised the world over by his famous profile, only he saw football from every side: as player, coach, manager, chairman, television executive and broadcaster.A versatile player with Brentford and Fulham in the fifties, he was a qualified coach by the age of 24.In the sixties his invative management technique took Coventry from the bottom of the Third to the First Division, where they stayed for 32 years. For over twenty years, at different times, he was a director and chairman of Coventry, Charlton and Fulham. As chairman of the Professional Footballers' Association he took on the authorities and successfully fought for freedom of contract and the abolition of the maximum wage.But it is as a TV presenter that Jimmy became best kwn. After five years as Head of Sport at LWT, he moved to the BBC to become a national institution in the seventies and eighties on Match of the Day. Tragically Jimmy Hill succumbed to Alzheimer's Disease in his last few years, A moving epilogue has been included which reflects on Jimmy's remarkable life.Jimmy tells the story of his rise from humble beginnings to distinction both on and off the field with modesty and humour.
- Author BiographyJimmy Hill began his career as a footballer with Brentford and Fulham. Following stints at management level, he was Chairman of the PFA. He was later Head of Sport at LWT for five years, after which he moved to the BBC.
- Author(s)Jimmy Hill
- PublisherHodder & Stoughton General Division
- Date of Publication01/07/1999
- SubjectAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCoronet Books
- Content Noteb/w and colour sections
- Weight205 g
- Width111 mm
- Height24 mm
- Spine178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.