All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $29.75
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $23.73Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $49.99Trending at AU $51.72
- AU $47.19Trending at AU $53.63
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $24.09
- AU $36.51Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionFifteen years ago, long before anyone else had thought of tucking actual letters and tes inside a book, Little, Brown published The Jolly Postman by Allan and Janet Ahlberg. This wonderful book gave children a chance to read letters sent from one fairy tale or Mother Goose character to ather. Among the funny tes was one from Jack, who lolled on a sun-drenched island, thanking the Giant for the gold that let him afford such a nifty vacation. All this amusing correspondence was deftly illustrated and the book attracted hordes of eager readers. The Jolly Postman and its holiday sequel, The Jolly Christmas Postman, established themselves as classics and have gone on to sell two million copies. Now we are happy to republish the books in larger, more inviting formats than the original but with increase in price! These new formats are a reason to celebrate, for they will attract new generations to these very inventive, very amusing books and should find a prominent place on the shelves of libraries and bookstores this fall.
- Author BiographyHusband and wife team Allan and Janet Ahlberg created many popular picture books for young readers, including the Jolly Postman series and Each Peach Pear Plum, which was awarded the Kate Greenaway Medal for distinguished illustration in the UK.
- Author(s)Allan Ahlberg
- PublisherLittle, Brown & Company
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLittle, Brown & Company
- Weight463 g
- Width268 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Illustrator(s)Janet Ahlberg
- Format DetailsPicture book,Sewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.