Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.80Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe personal journal of Amos Hannah (written from 1838 to 1850) outlines his daily life from Brookville, Indiana to his arrival at the gold fields of California. Amos Hannah was a cooper (barrel maker), who raised a family, traveled extensively, and chronicled the events and concerns of his day. Includes: Table of Contents; Introduction; the complete 1838-1850 journal; letters from the era, including one from Panama; examples of Justice of the Peace documents; explanations of archaic termilogy; over 20 photographs and illustrations (black/white); European genealogy in timeline overview; Early American genealogy in detailed timeline; Bibliography; Appendices; and an extensive Index searchable by topic and name. // REVIEWS: The journal of Amos Hannah provides a fascinating look at day to day life in the rural Midwest from 1838 to 1850. Martha N. Noblick of the Historic Deerfield Library // A generously illustrated volume filled with a wealth of support material.His letter from Panama (dated May 31, 1850) is as prized as a bag of gold dust. Gary F. Kurutz, Curator of the California State Library
- Author(s)Amos Hannah,Pat Gaines
- PublisherDragonfly Publishing, Inc.
- Date of Publication15/10/2005
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDragonfly Publishing, Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.