All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fear of abandonment is one of our most primal fears, and deservedly so. Its pain is often overwhelming, and can leave its mark on the rest of your life. In the midst of the hurt, it s hard to see an end to your feelings of rejection, shame, and betrayal. In this updated edition of the groundbreaking book, Susan Anderson, a therapist who has specialized in helping people with loss, heartbreak, and abandonment for more than thirty years, shares recent discoveries in neuroscience that help put your pain in perspective. It is designed to help all victims of emotional breakups whether you are suffering from a recent loss, or a lingering wound from the past; whether you are caught up in patterns that sabotage your own relationships, or you re in a relationship in which you longer feel loved. From the first stunning blow to starting over, it provides a complete program for abandonment recovery. Going beyond comforting words to promote real change, this healing process will help you work through the five universal stages of abandonment shattering, withdrawal, internalizing, rage, lifting by understanding their biochemical and behavioral origins and implications. New hands-on exercises for improving your life will teach you how to manage the inevitable pain, then go on to build a whole new concept of self, increase your capacity for love, and find new love on a deeper and richer level than ever before.
- Author Biography<b>Susan Anderson</b> has devoted more than thirty years of clinical experience and groundbreaking research to helping people overcome abandonment and its aftermath of self-sabotaging patterns. A pioneer in the Abandonment Recovery movement, she is author of <i>Black Swan</i>, <i>The Journey from Heartbreak to Connection</i>, and <i>Taming Your Outer Child</i>. In addition to conducting lectures and leading workshops, she continues private practice in Manhattan and on Long Island.
- Author(s)Susan Anderson
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBerkley Publishing Corporation,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight322 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $38.02
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.