All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA story about human dignity, demonstrating how one can, in fact, say when a choice presented does t align with one's inner human dignity, Journey to the Unkwn relates the story of Jesse-an orphan boy from China whose trials and seeming misfortunes are an inspiration for any reader. Following the four phases of the life of author Tze-si Huang, the book tells of Jesse's fortitude and bility in the face of nearly unbearable challenges and disappointments, teaching us about life in both mid-20th century China and America while showing how a person, against all odds, can educate himself and remain true to his heart. This is t just a life story but the tale of a miraculous journey.
- Author BiographyDemi is the award-winning creator of more than 200 books to date. One of her books, The Empty Pot was selected by the former first lady Mrs. Barbara Bush to be read on the ABC Radio Network Program Mrs. Bush's Story Time, sponsored by the Children's Literacy Initiative. It was included in the Teachers' Top 100 Books for Children list pollby the National Education Association. The Empty Pot also developed into many forms; theatre, film, ballet and opera. In addition several of her other books such as Gandhi and The Nightingale were named the New York Times Best Illustrated Book, and received Oppenheim Toy Portfolio Platinum Awards. Demi won a Fulbright Scholarship to study art in India. She and her husband represented the United Sates at the First International Book Conference in Beijing, China in 1990. Demi was born in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA into a great American family of artists and architects. Her great-grand father was the great visionary painter William Morris Hunt. Her great-grand uncle Richard Morris Hunt was the first Dean of American Architects. He designed New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art, the base of the Statue of Liberty, Carnegie Hall, Biltmore House and many historical buildings across the United States of America. In short, Demi's art continues from a rich artistic heritage. Tze-si Jesse Huang is a professional translator and native Chinese. He was born in Chungking, China, the youngest of ten children. At a young age, Jesse stowed away on a freighter going to Hong Kong and Taiwan, where he stayed and prayed with the monks at various Buddhist temples. He eventually immigrated to the US, attending New York University and Columbia University, USA for postgraduate studies. In 1975, he met his wife, the children's book author and illustrator, Demi. In the United States he worked as a financial analyst and manager in several US companies while continuing to pursue his love of translating from his native Chinese into English. In 1990, both Tze-si Huang and his wife, Demi, represented the United States at the First Children's International Book Conference in Beijing. The World Wisdom book Master of Zen: Extraordinary Teachings from Hui Neng's Altar Sutra (taken from the discourses known as the Platform or Altar Sutra by Hui Neng, the Sixth Patriarch of Chan or Zen Buddhism), was translated and adapted by Tze-si Huang and illustrated by his wife, Demi.
- Author(s)Tze-si Huang
- PublisherFons Vitae,US
- Date of Publication18/08/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationKentucky
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFons Vitae,US
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $28.12Trending at AU $33.15
- AU $17.71Trending at AU $20.33
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.66
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $44.93
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.12
- AU $15.91Trending at AU $22.03
- AU $49.56Trending at AU $56.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.