All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThe Joy of Climbing is the result of a search through Britain, Europe and America for the esoteric gems at the easier end of climbing. This special selection demonstrates the sheer fun and enjoyment of climbing. The articles have been especially chosen to provide a stimulating but achievable challenge, whether on a climb itself or appreciating the moves from the comfort of an armchair. In his writing, Terry adopts a variety of styles, resulting in a blend that enhances the dramatic nature of the subject and provides the reader with both the lyrical and the unexpected.
- Author BiographyTerry Gifford isi a prolific contributor to climbing and outdoor magazines. He is Reader in Literature and Environment at the University of Leeds and Director of the long-running annual International Festival of Mountaineering Literature. He is also a former judge of the Boardman Tasker Award and Banff Mountain Book Festivals.
- Author(s)Terry Gifford
- PublisherWhittles Publishing
- Date of Publication13/05/2003
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Place of PublicationCaithness
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWhittles Publishing
- Content Note25 colour & 25 b&w photographs
- Weight699 g
- Width280 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.