All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
About this product
- DescriptionDear friends, be glad! Do t be afraid of being joyful! Pope Francis, from The Joy of Discipleship Near the end of Luke s Gospel, two disciples slowly make their way home from Jerusalem to the village of Emmaus. At the outset, they are deeply saddened by Jesus tragic death. By that evening, however, they have made a 180-degree turn: from dejected disciples to followers filled with joy a joy they simply must share with others as fast as they can. What accounts for this change? They have encountered the risen Christ! In The Joy of Discipleship, Pope Francis reminds us that joy should be one of the defining characteristics of any person who has truly encountered Jesus. This skillfully curated collection of homilies, speeches, and other documents from Pope Francis, compiled and edited by James P. Campbell, offers a fresh perspective on why Christian disciples should be so joyful in the first place and how that joy might manifest itself in our individual daily lives. Covering a broad range of themes Christ s Resurrection, mercy, wealth and poverty, the Christian family, and more The Joy of Discipleship moves us to meditate on Christ and then inspires us to move out from our own four walls, jubilantly proclaiming God s transforming love in word and deed. For anyone who wants what Pope Francis has an active, abiding, authentic love for Jesus Christ, for the Church, and for the people of this world The Joy of Discipleship will point the way. This volume gives us a portrait of the Pope and what amazing joy fills his life, his mind, his teaching ...his discipleship! From the foreword by Daniel Cardinal DiNardo
- Author BiographyPope Francis was born Jorge Mario Bergoglio on December 17, 1936, in Buenos Aires, Argentina. He was ordained a priest in 1969, and from 1973 to 1979 served as Argentina s Provincial Superior of the Society of Jesus. He became the Archbishop of Buenos Aires in 1998, and was created a Cardinal in 2001. On March 13, 2013, Bergoglio was named successor to Pope Benedict XVI. Pope Francis is the first Jesuit Pope in history.
- Author(s)Pope Francis
- PublisherLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLoyola University Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date24/08/2016
- Weight363 g
- Width157 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.