All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionA young widow who lusts, a daughter who aches, a shopaholic who hungers...The Joy Of Funerals is a riveting collection that explores the lives of nine young women, each willing to take drastic measures to fill the voids created by longing and loneliness. The first eight face death differently, while the ninth woman, Nina, ties them all together by attending funerals in her search to connect with others. Written with raw wit, mordant humour and a uniquely penetrating voice, Strauss turns the spotlight on loss and grief. This is a provocative look into the inner world of those left behind, and those still holding on.
- Author BiographyAlix Strauss is a lifestyle trend writer whose articles have appeared in The New York Times and many other periodicals. The Joy of Funerals is her first novel. She lives in New York City.
- Author(s)Alix Strauss
- PublisherGriffin Publishing
- Date of Publication08/04/2004
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSaint Martin's Griffin,U.S.
- Out-of-print date13/12/2008
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.