All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.93
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.27
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.59
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.47
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.34
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.40
About this product
- DescriptionWhen the farm is a lifestyle, but t quite a way to earn a living, it's considered hobby farming. Most of us want to live a sustainable and healthy life in which we protect the environment and keep it safe from development and overproduction. But we can take this a step further by learning how to grow our own produce, while still maintaining an alternative, successful career to fund this passion. In this back to basics guide, Michael and Audrey Levati share how to: Grow your own food Raise chickens, horses, llamas, bees, and more Practice being (a little) off the grid Sell the bounty in your local community Balance a professional career with a rural lifestyle The Joy of Hobby Farming is a guide that will excite armchair farmers and inspire any do-it-yourselfer. While this book won't help you become a farmer by trade, it does provide step-by-step instructions and various tips and tricks to maintain a thriving farm. It will surely teach those who aren't farmers by day to raise their own livestock, plant their own fruits and vegetables, and live out their countryside dream.
- Author BiographyMichael and Audrey Levatino have been hobby farming for almost ten years, producing and selling flowers, vegetables, honey, eggs, and handmade jewelry and crafts at several local farmers' markets. Michael Levatino works off the farm at a major publishing house. Their twenty-three-acre farm, Ted's Last Stand, is located outside of Gordonsville, Virginia.
- Author(s)Audrey Levatino,Michael Levatino
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication15/09/2015
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleThe Joy of Series
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSky Pony Press
- Content Note212 color photos
- Weight628 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.