All listings for this product
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.36Trending at AU $24.64
- AU $10.56Trending at AU $12.66
- AU $43.02Trending at AU $51.94
- AU $12.39Trending at AU $19.19
- AU $19.00Trending at AU $22.96
- AU $33.23Trending at AU $38.65
- AU $10.58Trending at AU $13.86
About this product
- DescriptionRudyard Kipling's famous tale tells the story of Mowgli, the 'man-cub' rescued from the tiger, Shere Khan, and adopted by a wolf pack. As he grows up, Mowgli learns the ways of the jungle from Baloo the bear, Bagheera the black panther and Kaa the rock python. His life is full of adventure with the jungle creatures, but soon the time comes when he is forced to leave and take his place among his own people. A kind woman looks after Mowgli but she can't protect him from the superstitious villagers who believe his friendship with wolves is the result of sorcery. Mowgli's only escape is to return to the jungle. But even the jungle has become a dangerous place. This rich and entertaining dramatisation skilfully blends words with jungle sounds and music, and stars Eartha Kitt as Kaa, Freddie Jones as Baloo, Jonathan Hyde as Bagheera and Nisha Nayar as Mowgli.
- Author BiographyRudyard Kipling was born in Bombay in India in 1865 to British parents, and brought up by a Portuguese 'ayah' (nanny) and an Indian servant, who would entertain him with fabulous stories and Indian nursery rhymes. He was sent back to England when he was seven years old, and lived in a boarding house with a couple who were cruelly strict. Fortunately he returned to India aged sixteen, to work as the assistant editor of a newspaper in Lahore. He began publishing stories and poems and eventually had great success with his book Plain Tales from the Hills. After his marriage Kipling settled in America, and it was here that he wrote The Jungle Book. He then moved with his family to England, where he wrote Just So Stories for his daughter Josephine who later tragically died of pneumonia. Rudyard Kipling was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1907 and died on 18 January 1936.
- Author(s)Rudyard Kipling
- PublisherBBC Audio, A Division Of Random House
- Date of Publication10/07/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBBC Children's Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBBC Physical Audio
- Weight109 g
- Width126 mm
- Height142 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Read byEartha Kitt,Freddie Jones,Jonathan Hyde,Nisha Nayar
- Contained items statement2 Audio CDs
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time135
- Edition StatementA&M
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.