All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Justified Tight B****rd's Guide to Life is a book of down-to-earth, -nsense, everyday financial advice written and presented with curmudgeonly black humour in the style of Victor Meldrew from One Foot in the Grave. Taking a lateral and critically reflective look at some of our modern consumer and lifestyle choices, it aims to provide all readers, regardless of income, with the key to modest financial wellbeing. The book challenges the arguments of those who claim that we are on the brink of a financial abyss akin to the great 1930s depression. P. J. suggests that, for all our difficulties, we all have eugh money, either from employment or social welfare, to live at the very least in modest comfort. P. J. examines some of our perceived financial woes from an holistic rather than a purely ecomic viewpoint and demonstrates how these problems may be dealt with by a simple shift in perspective. The book also suggests that many purchases we make every day are t only unnecessary, but actually counterproductive or damaging in some way, therefore offering the reader a justified reason for t purchasing many of the items we often consider to be essential. The Justified Tight B****rd's Guide to Life is presented in four separate sections, containing over 300 points. Each point is a self-contained money saving tip linked to the others in the section. Dispensing with political correctness and urging a return to independent thinking, the book challenges the population to take an honest, rounded, responsible and wholesome approach to the problems they encounter and how they resolve them. The book will be of help to anyone who would like to cut their expenses or household outgoings. It is also a self-help book that challenges the reader to ask themselves what they really want from life, and what their priorities are. It should spark critical reflection of our spending habits in all.
- Author BiographyP. J. Moore was born in 1970 and grew up in Athy, Co Kildare, Ireland. He was exposed to economic and financial activity from the early age of 3 in the family pharmacy. Having previously worked in such diverse areas as construction, sales and security, he now lives in Galway in the west of Ireland where he has been working as an actor for a number of years.
- Author(s)P. J. Moore
- PublisherTroubador Publishing
- Date of Publication17/04/2014
- SubjectMoney & Consumer Issues
- Place of PublicationMarket Harborough
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $5.72Trending at AU $8.52
- AU $70.49Trending at AU $79.52
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $17.56Trending at AU $22.92
- AU $10.39Trending at AU $15.38
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.