All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- AU $54.82Free postage
- AU $60.86Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionThe battleships of the Third Reich have been written about exhaustively, but there is little in English devoted to their predecessors of the Second Reich. This new book fills an important gap in the literature of the period by covering these German capital ships in detail and studying the full span of battleship development during this period. The book is arranged as a chrological narrative, with technical details, construction schedules and ultimate fates tabulated throughout, thus avoiding the sometimes disjointed structure that can result from a class-by-class approach. Heavily illustrated with line work and photographs, many from German sources, the book offers readers a fresh visual look at these ships, beyond the limited range of images available from UK sources. A key objective of the book is to make available a full synthesis of the published fruits of archival research by German writers found in the pre-WW2 books of Koop & Schmolke, Grossmer's on the construction programme of the dreadnaught era, Forstmeier & Breyer on WW1 projects, and Schenk & Nottelmann's papers in Warship International.As well as providing data t available in English-language books, these sources correct significant errors in the 'standard' English sources. This entirely fresh study will appeal to historians of WWI German naval developments as well as to enthusiasts and modelmakers.
- Author BiographyAIDAN DODSON is a Senior Research Fellow in the Department of Archaeology & Anthropology at the University of Bristol. In this field he is the author of seventeen books and over 300 articles and reviews. He has also published a number of papers on naval matters, and worked on a number of naval projects such as the Offshore Patrol Vessel HMS Clyde.
- Author(s)Aidan Dodson
- PublisherPen & Sword Books Ltd
- Date of Publication17/05/2016
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationBarnsley
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSeaforth Publishing
- Content Note150 photographs and line drawings
- Weight703 g
- Width219 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine28 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $65.19
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.53
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.86
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $110.99Trending at AU $112.12
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.