Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
About this product
- DescriptionWillibald Brinkmann, a Lutheran pastor, has more than a sneaking admiration for Hitler - something his Jewish wife Gabi is unable to share. It's 1933 when the Brownshirts tell Willibald to 'go find ather twig to perch on' and he loses time abandoning his prestigious Berlin parish. Humiliated and resentful, Willibald finds refuge in the tiny village of Heimstatt high in the Austrian Alps, where Gabi's last child - and narrator of the story - is born. Then the Nazis arrive in Austria. Gabi struggles to protect her family against the ever-tightening vice of persecution and the remorseless approach of the Final Solution. Terrifying yet darkly humorous, The Kaminsky Cure is the story of Gabi Brinkmann's fight to keep her family alive in a world determined to destroy them.
- Author BiographyChristopher New was born in England, educated at Oxford and Princeton Universities and has spent much of his life in Asia, where he was Head of Philosophy at Hong Kong University. His novels include The China Coast Trilogy, Goodbye Chairman Mao, The Road to Maridur and A Small Place in the Desert. He is also the author of The Philosophy of Literature. He divides his time between Europe and Asia.
- Author(s)Christopher New
- PublisherSaqi Books
- Date of Publication04/03/2005
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSaqi Books
- Width135 mm
- Height214 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.