All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJoin Katie Morag McColl and her family on the Isle of Struay in this beautiful gift collection of classic stories. There are many adventures to be had on the Isle of Struay. There's her mum and dad's Shop and Post Office, Grannie Island's house across the bay, the dancing classes at the hall - and just wait till the mischevious Big Boy Cousins come to visit - they're lots of fun! Also included in this new collection are six folk tales, as featured in the popular CBeebies series, specially illustrated by Mairi Hedderwick for the show, and exclusively printed in this collection. So grab your jumper, don your wellies and discover the delights of Struay! Katie Morag lives the life that country dreams are made of. (Independent).
- Author BiographyA graduate of Edinburgh College of Art, Mairi Hedderwick was a teacher before she started illustrating children's books. As an author and illustrator her most popular character, Katie Morag, was created in 1984. Katie Morag's home on the fictional Hebridean island of Struay is not a million sea miles away from her author's life long association with the Isle of Coll. In 2013 Katie Morag joined Cbeebies with the successful TV series produced by Move On Up / Struay Films. Mairi Hedderwick has also written and illustrated many other books for children and adults, all with the backdrop of the Highlands and Islands. She was awarded an Honorary Degree from Stirling University in 2003 in recognition of her outstanding contribution to writing and illustration in Scotland, especially for children. Her illustrated adult books are An Eye on the Hebrides, which is a record of a six month continous journey through the islands on the west of Scotland. Highland Journey, follows the footsteps of Victorian writer and artist John T Reid; Sea Change, logs the passage of 26ft vintage yacht Anassa from east to west coast Scotland via the Caledonian canal; Shetland Rambles, her latest illustrated personal journey is in tandem with John T Reid once more. The Last Laird of Coll is a memoir of Kenneth Stewart, last laird of Coll.
- Author(s)Mairi Hedderwick
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleKatie Morag
- Series Part/Volume Number15
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Bodley Head Ltd
- Content Notechiefly illustrations (colour)
- Weight1212 g
- Width260 mm
- Height259 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 3
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $63.56Trending at AU $66.18
- AU $79.36Trending at AU $80.64
- AU $62.47Trending at AU $71.31
- AU $60.00Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $64.00Trending at AU $71.74
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.73
- AU $28.87Trending at AU $31.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.