All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.46
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
About this product
- DescriptionA research center for Thoroughbred racing, breeding, and related subjects, the Keeneland Association Library is located at Keeneland Race Course near Lexington, Kentucky. Amelia King Buckley, who became librarian in 1953, has compiled an alphabetical author listing of the titles in this unique collection as of June 1, 1958. Begun in 1939 with a gift of 2,000 volumes from William Arld Hanger, the library has grown with the addition of other gifts and purchases, and w comprises one of the finest collections in its field. The published catalog includes more than 900 mograph titles, more than 100 serial titles, selected sales catalogs, private studbooks, bound pamphlets, and a small amount of manuscript material. The volume is illustrated with photographs from the library's remarkable collection of 15,000 negatives taken by the late Charles Christian Cook, one of the first American photographers to specialize in racing scenes.
- Author BiographyAmelia King Buckley was librarian at the Keeneland Association Library.
- Author(s)Amelia Buckley
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication30/07/2014
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Foreword byJoseph A Estes
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.