All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.36
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.50
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.88
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.40
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.69
About this product
- DescriptionMary Bennet has spent her entire life fighting to be herself. If only she knew just what that was. For years she buried her se in the musty musing of Fordyce's Sermons to Young Women trying to be exceptional. She suffered under her mother's withering criticism of her looks. She was tormented by both her older as well as her younger sisters. Her father igred everything and did thing to guide her or encourage her. Now, both Jane and Lizzy have married, and it is time for Miss Bennet to emerge from her cocoon. Soon, a young woman of deep faith and inquisitive mind appears. Yet, even as Mary Bennet rises from her troubled teenage years, she is challenged by her sudden and total love for a man who mysteriously appears on the night of a great calamity. And his secret grows out of a remarkable device-The Bennet Wardrobe! Follow the story of Mary Bennet as she matures from the prosy, moralizing caricature found in Jane Austen's classic Pride and Prejudice into a confident young woman looking to make her mark in the rapidly changing world of the Industrial Revolution. And, see how the amazing Bennet Wardrobe makes life for all Bennets very interesting.
- Author BiographyDon Jacobson has written professionally for forty years. His output has ranged from news and features to advertising, television and radio. His work has been nominated for Emmys and other awards. He has previously published five books, all non-fiction. In 2015, he published two novellas that found their roots in The Keeper. He holds an advanced degree in History with a specialty in American Foreign Relations. As a college instructor, Don teaches United States History, World History, the History of Western Civilization and Research Writing. Other publications include: Caving The One Pan Gourmet The One Pan Gourmet Cooks Lite The One Pan Galley Gourmet Roadcookin' Miss Bennet's First Christmas (Kindle Only) The Bennet Wardrobe: Origins (Kindle Only) The Keeper: The Extraordinary Journey of Mary Bennet Of Fortune's Reversal (Kindle Only) Henry Fitzwilliam's War (Kindle Only) The Maid and the Footman (Kindle Only) He lives in the Seattle, WA area with his wife and co-author, Pam, a woman Ms. Austen would have been hard-pressed to categorize, and their rather assertive four-and-twenty pound cat, Bear. Besides thoroughly immersing himself in the JAFF world, Don also enjoys cooking (Poulet au vinaigre is a particular favorite), dining out, fine wine and well aged scotch whiskey (Oban 18 Year Old single malt). His other passion is cycling. Most days from April through October will find him putting in the miles around the Seattle area (yes there are hills). He has ridden several centuries (100 mile days). Don is especially proud that he successfully completed the AIDS Ride-Midwest (500 miles from Minneapolis to Chicago) and the Make-A-Wish Miracle Ride (300 miles from Traverse City, MI to Brooklyn, MI).
- Author(s)Don Jacobson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication18/04/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight522 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.