All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA stunning photographic and text record of the design, fabrication and build of the iconic Kelpies, two massive 30m high steel sculptures by internationally rewned artist Andy Scott. Weighing a whopping 300 tonnes each, the Kelpies form a dramatic gateway to the entrance of the Forth and Clyde canal in central Scotland and promise to become one of the most globally recognisable pieces of sculpture in the UK. A monument to horse powered heritage that helped build the nation during the industrial revolution, they are also inspired by the Scottish myth of supernatural sea horses. Currently, two 1.10 scale maquette models of the Kelpies have been touring Chicago, New York and elsewhere in the US, as well as UK-wide and in Europe.
- Author BiographyAndy Scott trained in sculpture at Glasgow School of Art and his public art has been commissioned and exhibited in Scotland, England, Ireland, Australia and the USA. He lives and works in Glasgow, Scotland.
- Author(s)Andy Scott
- PublisherFreight Books
- Date of Publication18/11/2014
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFreight Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1297 g
- Width225 mm
- Height298 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.