All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
About this product
- DescriptionThe Kenpo Karate Compendium details the forms of American Kenpo as prescribed by the Father of American Karate, Ed Parker. Author Lee Wedlake, 9th degree black belt, world-class instructor and competitor, brings his acclaimed training and teaching experience to bear in this unique resource for all who practice and teach American Kenpo and its offshoot systems. The American Kenpo system is taught worldwide and this reference will become a standard for thousands of Kenpo practitioners in various lineages. It will also serve as a stimulus for all martial artists by providing a sense of the logical framework of American Kenpo. Having collected the general rules of motion and the numerous fine points of Kenpo, the book is a standout in the genre. - COMPREHENSIVE TREATMENT of the Kenpo Karate system provides a progression of teaching curricula for beginning, intermediate, and advanced students and instructors - COVERS history, fundamentals, forms, solo and partner practice, and advanced technical skills - INCLUDES over 450 black and white photos detailing forms and techniques - SOMETHING FOR ALL STUDENTS, whether pursuing martial arts for health, competition, self-defense, or personal improvement Table of Contents Introduction Preface Chapter 1: What the Beginner and the Black Belt Should Kw Chapter 2: The Basics and Exercise Forms: Short and Long 1 and Short and Long 2 Chapter 3: The Intermediate Forms: Short Form Three and Long Form Three Chapter 4: Form Four Chapter 5: Form Five Chapter 6: Form Six Chapter 7: Form Seven Chapter 8: Form Eight Chapter 9: The Sets Now What? Legal viewpoint by Frank Triolo Capstone--The Thesis Form General rules of motion Recommended Reading About the Author
- Author BiographyNinth degree black belt in Kenpo Karate noted in Tom Bleecker's The Journey as one of the world's most proficient kenpoists, with a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice from University of Illinois, LEE WEDLAKE, on the Board of Directors of the World Registry of Black Belts, Organization and Federations, is recognized by the Shidokan International group as Hanshi, Chief Grandmaster Instructor; and is a senior advisor to Progressive Kenpo Systems.
- Author(s)Lee Wedlake
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication05/02/2015
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Snake Books
- Content NoteBlack and white photographs
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.