All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionInterest in bourbon, America's native spirit and a beverage almost exclusively distilled in Kentucky, has never been greater. Thanks in part to the general popularity of cocktails and the marketing efforts of the bourbon industry, there are more brands of bourbon and more bourbon drinkers than ever before. In The Kentucky Bourbon Cocktail Book , Joy Perrine and Susan Reigler provide a reader-friendly handbook featuring more than 100 recipes including seasonal drinks, after-dinner bourbon cocktails, Derby cocktails, and even medicinal toddies. The book's introduction explains how the use of specific spirits and ingredients, glassware, and special techniques, such as muddling and infusions, accentuates the unique flavor of bourbon. Much of the book is devoted to recipes and instructions for the professional or at-home bartender, from classic drinks such as the Manhattan and the Mint Julep to drinks for special occasions, including the Candy Cane, Pumpkin Eggg, and Kentucky Bourbon Sparkler. The authors complete the work with suggested appetizer pairings, a glossary of terms, and a bibliography of bourbon-related books.
- Author BiographyJoy Perrine has been the bar manager at Equus Restaurant and Jack's Lounge in Louisville since 1985, was named Best Bertender in Louisville by Louisville Magazine, and has won numerous awards for her cocktails. Susan Reigler is an award-winning former restaurant critic and drinks writer for the Louisville Courier-Journal. Her articles about bourbon have been published in Malt Advocate and Wine Enthusiast. She is author of the Compass American Guide to Kentucky, Adventures in Dining: Kentucky Bourbon Country, and The Complete Guide to Kentucky State Parks.
- Author(s)Joy Perrine,Susan Reigler
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication15/10/2009
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Note15 colour photos
- Weight358 g
- Width146 mm
- Height146 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Photographs byPam Spaulding
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.88
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.15
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.66
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.21
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.08
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.20
- AU $30.32Trending at AU $31.91
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.