All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.56
- AU $12.90Trending at AU $15.86
- AU $10.54Trending at AU $13.65
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.91
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.71
- AU $11.83Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $32.94Trending at AU $34.41
About this product
- DescriptionUnder a smooth gray rock on the outside windowsill of a home in Chimayo, New Mexico, sits la llave - the key - to the home of Grandpa and Grandma Ortega. The key has always been there for family, friends, and neighbors to use. When Grandma Ortega passes away, some things change and some things stay the same. Grandpa w lives alone, but his life is still filled with loving family and friends and la llave is still resting underneath its rock. Cristina Ortega's latest children's story represents life on a rthern New Mexico plaza while highlighting the respect, friendship, trust, commitment, and love found in the community. Spanish phrases within the text and detailed illustrations by Cristina's brother, Luis Armando Ortega, combine to demonstrate to children the importance of these timeless values.
- Author BiographyCristina Ortega has taught elementary school in New Mexico for twenty-seven years. She is also the author of The Eyes of the Weaver (UNM Press). Luis Armando Ortega treasures his northern New Mexico Hispanic heritage, culture, and traditions. His passions include world beat music, teaching, weaving, drawing and painting, storytelling, and traveling.
- Author(s)Cristina Ortega
- PublisherUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Date of Publication15/12/2007
- LanguageEnglish & Spanish
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationAlbuquerque, NM
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of New Mexico Press
- Content Note10 drawings
- Weight340 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Illustrator(s)Luis Armando Ortega
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.