All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.37Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionMost of the world's population w live in cities, but despite wide agreement on the core values of sustainable societies, municipalities are so busy solving current problems, they don't have the time or resources to plan effective action for sustainability. The Key to Sustainable Cities uses the principles of system dynamics to demonstrate how today's problems were yesterday's solutions. The book points to a new approach to city planning that builds on assets as a starting point for cities to develop healthy social, governance, ecomic, and environmental systems. Gwendolyn Hallsmith has worked to build sustainable communities for over twenty years as a municipal manager, a regional planning director, and with the Institute for Sustainable Communities. She lives in Marshfield, Vermont.
- Author BiographyGwendolyn Hallsmith has worked on sustainable development in many different capacities, including positions such as Deputy Secretary of the Vermont Agency of Natural Resources, the Town Manager of Randolph, Vermont, as the Regional Planning Director in Franklin County, Massachusetts, and as a Senior Planner for the Massachusetts Office of Energy Resources. She has a Master's degree in Public Policy from Brown University, and has had over twenty years of experience working on environmental issues. She is currently Campaign Coordinator for the Vermont Earth Charter and a Pastor with the United Federated Church in Williamstown.
- Author(s)Gwendolyn Hallsmith
- PublisherNew Society Publishers
- Date of Publication25/09/2003
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationGabriola Island
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Society Publishers
- Content Note25 B&W illustrations
- Weight385 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.