All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.25
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.14
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $116.18
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.33
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $51.77
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $104.32
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.30
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive introduction to the medieval languages and texts that inspired Tolkien's Middle-earth. Using key episodes in The Silmarillion , The Hobbit , and The Lord of the Rings , medieval texts are presented in their original language with translations. Essential for those who wish to delve deeper into the background to Tolkien's mythology.
- Author BiographyDr Stuart Lee is a member of the English Faculty at Oxford University, UK, where he teaches Old English, the poetry of World War one, and the fiction of J. R. R. Tolkien. He is also a member of Merton College. He has published articles on Tolkien and edited A Companion to J. R. R. Tolkien (2014). Dr Elizabeth Solopova is Research Fellow at the English Faculty, Oxford University, UK, where she teaches Old and Middle English literature. She has published articles and books on Tolkien, medieval literature, manuscripts and the history of the English language.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Solopova,Stuart Lee
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight606 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.