Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $199.09+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $74.23Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $10.98Trending at AU $15.38
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $26.33Trending at AU $51.27
- AU $30.79Trending at AU $36.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis anthology is the first attempt to present a rounded picture of 'Kierkegaard as a philosopher' in English. After an introduction explaining how Kierkegaard viewed the task of 'becoming a philosopher', there are generous extracts from the Concept of Irony and the great pseudonymous works: Either/Or, Fear and Trembling, Repetition, Philosophical Fragments, The Concept of Anxiety, Prefaces, Johannes Climacus and Concluding Unscientific Postscript. Kierkegaard's own attempts to summarize the significance of his writings are also included, so that readers have the opportunity to make up their own minds about the adequacy of his retrospective accounting. The Kierkegaard who emerges from these pages is t only a penetrating analyst of temporality, individuality, and irony, but also a lithe, witty and versatile stylist. He is probably one of the greatest writers in the philosophical tradition, and surely one of the most humorous. The anthology makes use of a range of classic translations, and includes new translations by Jane Chamberlain and Jonathan Ree, explanatory introductions, an index and a glossary.
- Author Biography<b>Jane Chamberlain</b> is Lecturer in Philosophy at Morley College. She is editor of <i>Kierkegaard's Johannes Climacus</i> (2001). <b>Jonathan Ree</b> is Lecturer in Philosophy at Middlesex University. His books include <i>I See a Voice</i> (1999) and <i>Philosophical Tales</i> (1987) and he is co-editor, with Jane Chamberlain of <i>Kierkegaard: A Critical Reader</i> (Blackwell 1997).</p>
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication25/06/2001
- Series TitleBlackwell Readers
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishers
- Content Note0
- Weight712 g
- Width159 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJane Chamberlain,Jonathan Ree
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.