Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $11.92Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMY FAVORITE HISTORICAL NOVEL . . . A superb re-creation of the Battle of Gettysburg, but its real importance is its insight into what the war was about, and what it meant. --James M. McPherson, Author of Battle Cry of FreedomIn the four most bloody and courageous days of our nation's history, two armies fought for two dreams. One dreamed of freedom, the other of a way of life.Far more than rifles and bullets were carried into battle. There were memories. There were promises. There was love. And far more than men fell on those Pennsylvania fields. Shattered futures, forgotten incence, and crippled beauty were also the casualties of war.The Killer Angels is unique, sweeping, unforgettable--a dramatic re-creation of the battleground for America's destiny. REMARKABLE. . . A BOOK THAT CHANGED MY LIFE . . . I had never visited Gettysburg, knew almost thing about that battle before I read the book, but here it all came alive. --Ken Burns, Filmmaker, The Civil War
- Author Biography<b>Michael Shaara</b> was born in Jersey City in 1928 and graduated from Rutgers University in 1951. His early science fiction short stories were published in <i>Galaxy</i> magazine in 1952. He later began writing other works of fiction and published more than seventy short stories in many magazines, including <i>The Saturday Evening Post, Cosmopolitan, </i> and <i>Redbook</i>. His first novel, <i>The Broken Place, </i>was published in 1968. But it was a simple family vacation to Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, in 1964 that gave him the inspiration for his greatest achievement, the Pulitzer Prize-winning novel <i>The Killer Angels, </i>published in 1974. Michael Shaara went on to write two more novels, <i>The Noah Conspiracy</i> and <i>For Love of the Game, </i>which was published after his death in 1988.
- PrizesWinner of Pulitzer Prize Novel Category 1975.
- Author(s)Michael Shaara
- PublisherRandom House USA Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/1994
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBallantine Books Inc.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width108 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine26 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.49Trending at AU $21.57
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.