Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $28.50Trending at AU $30.84
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.71
About this product
- DescriptionDetective Chief Inspector Billy McCartney discovers a headless corpse in the scrubland close to Liverpool docks. The slaying carries all the hallmarks of a gangland hit - a message from the underworld to snitches, cops and rival gangs. One mile away, a girl staggers into a run-down bar, dazed and confused. The bar's owner, a career criminal called Shakespeare, cant get a word out of her. DCI McCartney is all too well aware that the clock is ticking. The body was one Kalan Rozaki, youngest brother of a torious crime family - except Kalan is criminal. For almost a year his brothers have been under full-time Drug Squad surveillance as McCartney slowly closed the net on their heroin trafficking. McCartney's chief informant on the case is someone with insider kwledge of the Rozaki clan's operation ...their newly deceased baby brother, Kalan. McCartney's investigation into Kalan's murder peels back layer after layer of a decades-long dynasty of drug smuggling. Each revelation plunges McCartney back into the dark heart of an unsolved drug crime that weighs heavy on his soul. He wants to catch the Rozakis - badly - but he wants the shadowy men behind their drug empire even more. The closer McCartney gets to Kalan's killer, the closer he comes to facing down a lifetime's torment.
- Author BiographyKevin Sampson is the author of eight novels, as well as Extra Time, his account of a season in the life of a Liverpool FC fanatic, and the moving narrative of the Hillsborough tragedy, Hillsborough Voices. He has also contributed to football anthologies, including Here We Go Gathering Cups in May and Redmen, which he also edited. Kevin is a regular contributor to the Guardian, Observer and the award-winning LFC podcast, The Anfield Wrap. He lives on Merseyside where he is a long-term supporter of CALM, a charity specialising in the mental health needs of young males. You can find him at @ksampsonwriter on Twitter.
- Author(s)Kevin Sampson
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication28/08/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight235 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.