All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.16Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionBoggs is among the best Western writers at work today. He writes with depth, flavor, and color. --Booklist Boggs' narrative voice captures the old-fashioned style of the past. --Publishers Weekly After visiting his late mother's people on the Mescalero reservation, Comanche tribal policeman Daniel Killstraight waits to catch a train home when local cowboys bring disturbing news: an Chiricahua Apache has brutally murdered a teenage girl in the railroad town of Deming--and a bunch of locals plan on lynching him. Killstraight has jurisdiction in this territory. He kws thing about Deming, the murdered girl, or the accused killer; and he doesn't really care much for Apaches anyway. Yet, still heartbroken over the death of his beloved Rain Shower, he is in hurry to return home. So he hops on a train to Deming to help a fellow Indian. However, once he arrives Killstraight learns that the man in jail isn't really an Apache. Francis Groves, is a brooding, embittered, binge-drinking white man who had lived with the Chiricahuas and was kwn as Walking Man. He had once been an excellent tracker who scouted and interpreted for the Army during the last of the Apache wars, but has had thing to live for sinceh is wife and daughter were murdered by Mexican scalp hunters. Killstraight sets out to prove Groves incent--in a town that hates Indians and where he has few allies and many enemies--all the while with this thought in the back of his mind: What if Groves is really guilty? Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction that takes place in the old West. Westerns--books about outlaws, sheriffs, chiefs and warriors, cowboys and Indians--are a genre in which we publish regularly. Our list includes international bestselling authors like Zane Gray and Louis L'Amour, and many more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyJohnny D. Boggs has worked cattle, shot rapids in a canoe, hiked across mountains and deserts, and traipsed around ghost towns--all in the name of finding a good story. He has won the Spur Award from Western Writers of America six times, as well as the Western Heritage Wrangler Award from the National Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum. He lives with his family in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
- Author(s)Johnny D. Boggs
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Weight271 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.