CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $28.26
About this product
- DescriptionOn a tour of duty in the Helmand River Valley, the Grenadier Guards faced the toughest challenge of their lives...Carrying out patrols in the most fiercely contested land in Afghanistan the Guards were under fire almost constantly. The summer of 2007 saw some of the most frequent and intense armed combat yet, beyond what anyone could have predicted. Based in isolated forward operating bases their nearest reinforcements were often miles away, down a track strewn with deadly roadside bombs. The Killing Zone is an action-packed and authentic insight into the real Afghanistan. This is what it's like to deliberately draw fire on your own position so that your mates can escape an ambush, to experience the adrenaline rush of being the first in to clear a Taliban compound, and to rely on skill, loyalty and quick-thinking to survive in one of the most dangerous places on earth.
- Author BiographyLieutenant Colonel Richard 'Skid' Dorney joined the Grenadier Guards aged 16. He has served in Northern Ireland (6 tours), the first Gulf War, Bosnia, Iraq and Afghanistan as well as NW Europe, Africa and the Far East. He is a decorated soldier and an ex Regimental Sergeant Major of the 1st Battalion Grenadier Guards. He established the Army Trauma Risk Management Training Team in 2008 and for three years was the Army's non clinical subject matter expert, working with serving soldiers and veterans. He holds an MSc in War and Psychiatry and is a member Combat Stress, The Armed Forces Mental Welfare Society. He was awarded the Queens Commendation for Valuable service in Northern Ireland in1994, received an MBE in 2007 and became a Member of the Order of St John of Jerusalem in 2010.
- Author(s)Richard Dorney
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication09/08/2012
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEbury Press
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, maps
- Weight387 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.