Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.41
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionProems, taut tales, small stories with rhythm and blues and grace and bruise and laughter between the lines. Brian Doyle's The Kind of Brave You Wanted to Be is a book of cadenced tes on the swirl of miracle and the holy of attentiveness; a book about children and birds, love and grief and everything alive, which is to say all prayers. Brian Doyle's uncategorizable form is the brief story dressed like a poem but with the loose lyricism and verve of an essay. Here are chants and litanies, like gentle songs to the sacrament of every moment.
- Author BiographyBrian Doyle is the editor of the University of Portland's award-winning Portland Magazine, and the author of many books, among them the spiritual essay collections Grace Notes, Leaping: Revelations & Epiphanies, and The Thorny Grace of It: And Other Essays for Imperfect Catholics. Brian's essays have appeared in U.S. Catholic, First Things, Christian Century, America, The American Scholar, Harper's and The Atlantic Monthly. He is the author of A Shimmer of Something: Lean Stories of Spiritual Substance and a contributor to Give Us This Day published by Liturgical Press.
- Author(s)Brian Doyle
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2016
- SubjectChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight191 g
- Width178 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.