All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA king foolishly divides his kingdom between his scheming two oldest daughters and estranges himself from the daughter who loves him. So begins this profoundly moving and disturbing tragedy that, perhaps more than any other work in literature, challenges the tion of a coherent and just universe. The king and others pay dearly for their shortcomings--as madness, murder, and the anguish of insight and forgiveness that arrive too late combine to make this an all-embracing tragedy of evil and suffering.
- Author Biography<b>William Shakespeare</b> (1564-1616) was a poet, playwright, and actor who is widely regarded as one of the most influential writers in the history of the English language. Often referred to as the Bard of Avon, Shakespeare's vast body of work includes comedic, tragic, and historical plays; poems; and 154 sonnets. His dramatic works have been translated into every major language and are performed more often than those of any other playwright.
- Author(s)Russell A. Fraser,William Shakespeare
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication15/03/2000
- SubjectDrama Texts, Plays & Screenplays
- Series TitleThe Signet classic Shakespeare
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLongman Inc
- Out-of-print date20/07/2011
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight168 g
- Width105 mm
- Height172 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement1st Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.